I hope you are all keeping well and staying safe. Recently, I’ve been having so many ideas what I would like to do when all of this is finally over. I’ve been visualising what it’s going to feel like to go for meal to my favourite restaurant again or to do something exciting, like going on a trip of a lifetime. I think we are all getting a bit fed up with everything that is going on and want life to go back to normal ASAP. It’s important to re-focus our attention to things that we care about, that we are excited about, instead of focusing on what we fear. Just the other day I took a pen and paper and wrote down some things I’m so looking forward to, once all of this over. I’d love to share this list with you, with a hope that it will encourage you to perhaps write your own. I want you to get excited about the future, start visualising what you are looking forward to, instead of worrying every day. It’s always nice to look forward to something, even though you may not know exactly when it’s going to happen. I’d rather focus on the positive, than worry about something I cannot change. I’d rather stay optimistic than feeling upset about what else may go wrong. I think this exercise can be a fun thing to do and it can lift you up a bit. I hope you’ll give it a go.
The list is not in chronological order and there are some short-term and also long-term goals on it.
So, here is my list:
- Give a big hug to my mum, my dad, my sister, my brother-in-law, my nephew and my niece, and tell them, in person, how much I love them
- Go to London’s Ritz with my boyfriend and my best friends for an afternoon tea
- Teach a meditation class and connect with my lovely students again
- Go for a classical concert to the Royal Albert Hall
- Get back to the ballet studio
- Get my helicopter license
- Go to my favourite coffee shop, order a nice Latte and work on my new book
- Go back to Alaska and explore some new parts of it
- Explore more haunted castles
- Give a Ted Talk and inspire many people
- Help others to achieve their goals
- Speak more publicly about things that matter to me
- Build up my flying hours
- Don’t take the little things for granted
- Buy a cottage in the countryside
- Have a BBQ at my parents’ garden
- Go on a holiday with my family
- Create a cool soundtrack for a film
- Do more good in the world
I hope my list can inspire you to write your own. Stay safe and well, my friends.